Mittwoch, 21. März 2012

Why are weekends so short?

My Dad was here, in my Ghetto - Seattle ;-) and we had a great weekend. He supposed to come on friday evening around 8.30 pm but the flight came not in time that´s why I picked him up around 11 pm, together with my friend Julia. It was such a great feeling to hug a person, that you missed so much a saw so often at skype but no chance to touch him.... After a good-night-beer we went to bed and stand up the saturday morning very early, because my Hostfamily invited my Dad for Breakfast. The children love my Dad and after the breakfast I startet the City-Tour with my Dad and that was our Route:
Volunteer Park - Water Tower-Broadway - Pine Street-Monorail to Space Needle - back to downtown on 4th Ave - watching the St.Patricks Day Parade - Cafe at Pike Place Market - Pike Place Market - Gum Wall- Ride the Duck Tour - back to Capitol Hill-Beer at a Pub 
It was a hard day because we were walking so so much but the day was wonderful, my dad was happy and the waether was ok. Sunday we had some playtime alone with my hostchildren and in the afternoon my hostmom started the "big green egg", it was my wish and we had delicious Angus Steak. I think it´s a good sign when everyone is quiet on the table, right? After the dinner I drove my dad to the airport and I don´t wanted to let him go, but I had to...
A big thank you to my Hostfamily for the nice weekend and that you tried everything, that I can have a nice time with my dad and thank you dad for your energy and that energy that you gave my, the last 6 month can come...
That´s are some pictures from the weekend:




HAPPY ST. PATRICK`S DAY!!!



Yes, that´s are a lot of gums behind us!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen